Never done archery before or only ever done a little bit?
We run taster "have-a-go" sessions for a fun and novel corporate or group event day.
We also run full beginners courses several times a year in Autumn, Spring & Summer. These usually consist of 10-hours of tuition, over 4 afternoons. These are taught by our qualified coaches.
The course consists of 4 or 5 lessons of approximately 2-3 hours each, which take place over a four or five week period. Sometimes we run more intensive courses which pack the lessons into two weekends. Places are normally limited to 12 to 16 people per course and run by ArcheryGB-registered and qualified coaches.
We provide all the equipment for the course. Please, do not buy any equipment yourselves. If you join the club after the course, you may continue to borrow club equipment for up to 2 months at a charge of £30. At the end of this time we can offer advice to help you purchase your own equipment.
Contact email@example.com to find out when the next course is running and to book your place. Our courses are very popular and often over-subscribed. We run a waiting list system for our courses.
The fee for the full course is currently £70, which must be paid prior to the start of the first lesson. Payment is non refundable. Cheques should be made payable to Netherhall Archers.
We allow children aged 10 and above to apply to join the beginner’s course but acceptance is subject to the approval of the coaches. Anyone under 18 years old must be accompanied by a responsible adult. When juniors become members of the club, all under 14s must still be accompanied by a responsible parent or guardian at all club events; those over 14 may attend unaccompanied at the club's discretion.
You should wear comfortable but close-fitting clothing. If it's chilly, it's better to wear several thin layers rather than one bulky one - and perhaps bring a woolly hat. In particular, it's important that you don't wear jumpers or jackets with baggy sleeves as bow strings tend to catch on them and spoil your shot. Similarly, long hair may need to be tied back and nose, ear, eyebrow etc piercings removed for safety. Please wear suitable footwear - not open sandals or crocks etc.
The Autumn and Spring courses are held at our indoor shooting range, which is located at The Sports Hall, Netherhall School, Cambridge. The Summer course is held at the outdoor range at Hills Road Sports Field, Cambridge.
Everyone on a course is expected to obey the rules of the Club and the safety guidelines at all times, and to treat the facilities with the greatest respect. The Club is affiliated to Archery GB, The Southern Counties Archery Society and the Cambridgeshire Archery Association, all of whom have a code of conduct and a set of regulations which must be obeyed at all times.
Terms and conditions
An application form must be completed before starting the course. All medical disclosures relevant to the sport of archery must be indicated at that time.
- All course fees must be paid in full prior to the start of the course.
- Beginner’s course fees are non-refundable.
- Beginner’s course fees do not entitle you to membership of Netherhall Archers.
- All coaching and shooting will be strictly in accordance with Archery GB rules, regulations and practice. Any contravention of shooting or safety rules will result in immediate suspension from the lesson.
- Netherhall Archers retain the right to refuse further access to the beginners course if students persistently disobey the safety instructions or the rules of shooting.
- Netherhall Archers cannot accept any responsibility for damage or injury sustained whilst entering, or leaving, the ground.
- All Juniors must be accompanied by a parent or guardian who must remain present throughout the duration of the course.